2019-2020: 12th Science Festival on 13/01/2020
We are happy to announce, that in the 2019/2020 school year, we will organise the 12th Science Festival. In this year the Science Festival will be on 13/01/2020 (Monday). All of the important dates and rules can be found in this homepage.
These are the main deadlines:
- DEADLINE: 17/11/2019 : Application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- DEADLINE: 01/12/2019: ABSTRACT : needed for the catalogue and the jury panel : 200 words maximum and one photo. Send this A4 Word format page to email@example.com
- DEADLINE: 08/01/2020: Handing in the final presentation on a USB key or via email
2018-2019: 11th Annual Science Festival at EEBI – 30th November 2018
On the 30th November our school organized the 11th annual Science Festival with 17 projects and 26 pupils. Thanks to the enthusiastic teachers, more than 900 students visited the presentations on this day. And approximately another 900-1000 students followed the Festival via Live Stream.
The jury panel (7 teachers from different languages sections and scientific field, last year’s winning students and a parent representative) announced the final winners of the competition in the Senior and the Junior categories:
1st prize: Barbara Chylińska: High star fashion (S1PLB)
2nd prize: Antonina Kubicka: Hamster vs Le Minotaur. Donc teste de mémoire (S3PlA)
3rd prize: Raphael Cambas : Ultraviolet light (S1En)
1st prize: Aleksander Busz : EEB1 as a particle system (S6PlA)
2nd prize: Zofia Syryczyńska: Schlieren effect (S5PlA)
3rd prize: Alicia Martín Nuñez, Lukas Björkland Pinilla,
Gonzalo Cabezón Candilejo: Conformative Psychology (S5EsA)
After a discussion the Jury finally made the selection of those students who can represent our school in different international competitions.
Barbara Chylińska: High star fashion (S1PLB)
Zofia Syryczyńska: Schlieren effect (S5PlA)
Raphael Cambas : Ultraviolet light (S1En)
Alicia Martín Nuñez, Lukas Björkland Pinilla,Gonzalo Cabezón Candilejo: Conformative Psychology (S5EsA)
Project 1: Aleksander Busz : EEB1 as a particle system (S6PlA)
Project 3+1: Luca Gauci: Effects of Deforestation (S1 en)
Project 3 Antonina Kubicka: Hamster vs Le Minotaur. Donc teste de mémoire (S3PlA)
Project 2 : Marta Lopez Serrano, Alejandra Alcantarilla Sänchez: Study of privacy in social media (S4ESB,S4ESA)
This year the medals were designed and 3d printed in our FabLab, thanks to Mr Boulay.
This year we had valuable prizes as well: the 1st prize was a drone with camera, the 2nd prize was a ticket to the Carantine Escape Room, and the 3rd prize was power-banks.
Congratulations to all the participants, and thanks for everybody that helped us
The Science Festival Team
Gema Trives, Regin Pindstrup, Dorottya Csonka
2017-2018 : 10th Annual Science Festival at EEBI
On the 12th January our school organised the 10th annual Science Festival with 18 projects. More than 600 students visited the presentations on this day and the jury panel (containing teachers, students and a parent representative) finally made the selection of those students who can represent our school in different international competitions.
On the upcoming ESSS (European Schools’ Science Symposium) in Luxembourg 3+1 (reserve) projects can participate:
- Anna Charlotte MÁTHÉ and Julien GREEY S5En
- Julian MÁTHÉ S2En
- Cristina JIMÉNEZ PELARDA and Marta LÓPEZ SERRANO and ALEJANDRA ALCANTARILLA S3Es
- +1 Carl SKINNEBACH S2Da
On the next EUCYS (European Competition of Young Scientists) in Brussels – Tour & Taxis:
- Antonina KUBICKA S2Pl
- Julilla ROBOZ S4Hu
- Samo KOBE and Benjamin HAITSMA and Ivor LANGUS S3En
- Andy CERNAT S1Fr
The jury also announced the final winners of this competition in the Senior and the Junior categories:
- 1st prize: Julian MÁTHÉ S2En
- 2nd prize: Cristina JIMÉNEZ PELARDA and Marta LÓPEZ SERRANO and ALEJANDRA ALCANTARILLA S3Es
- 3rd prize: Antonina KUBICKA S2 Pl
- 1st prize: Anna Charlotte MÁTHÉ and Julien GREEY S5En
- 2nd prize: Julilla Roboz S4Hu
- 3rd prize: Philip Salvati Von KOPPENFELS S5En
Congratulations to all the winners and participants for this excellent event and for their successful results.
Good luck for the upcoming competitions!
- 1st prize winner: Sofia POINELLI S4
- 2nd prize winners: Letícia SAVOIA and Zita DUMONT S1
- 3rd prize winners: Julilla ROBOZ and Emma PARISOT and Zsanna HETÉNYI
Philip and Alexandra VON KOPPENFELS, Clemence ROGALSKI, Solene GERBAUX, Anna Charlotte MÁTHÉ, Mira KLEIM, Hannah JÜRGENSEN NIKOLAY, Paul SPENCE, Julian DALLI, Joseph DELIYANAKIS, Luka GARB, Anna KRASZNAI, Zita SEBŐK, Sophia SOEWARTA, Sarah FRANCHETTI, Leila ROBIN-CHAMPIGNEUL, Jeanne PEYROCHE, Ambre ROTENBERG,
- 1st prize winner: Ádám ÜRMÖS S6
- 2nd prize winners: Zsombor MÁTHÉ S6 Anna PADISÁK and Patrik DEZSÉRI S5
- 3rd prize winners: Imogen RIVERS and Ben ROMERO-WILCOCK S6
Oliver CHILD, Julien LUYTEN, Dawid SZAJNICKI
The ESSS team will announce on Tuesday (3rd February) the selection of presentations chosen to the ESSS – EEB I in March 2016.