The 3 school psychologists of the European School Brussels 1 Uccle Berkendael remain at your disposal to deal with this exceptional situation.
Don’t hesitate to call on them to help you face unprecedented challenges: learning how to teach at home, confinement, family relationships, use of living spaces, and managing everyone’s emotions.
It’s normal to be under strain at certain times and it’s not always easy to take a step back. Talking about it with family or friends can help but is not always enough, so don’t wait until you break down to seek help! None of us can be a perfect parent, teacher and employee all at the same time.
You can keep sending us emails (see contacts at the bottom of the page) and discussions can be arranged through various video conferencing tools. The confidentiality of our conversations is guaranteed.
Resources at your disposal
Psychologists from the 4 European Schools in Brussels are working in close cooperation to provide the school community – families and colleagues – with tools to deal with this epidemic, particularly the psychological aspects of containment.
- THEMATIC RESOURCES AND CONTACTS (regular updates – various languages)
- Covid-19 GUIDELINES for PARENTS by EEB School Psy (20/03/2020)
- Covid-19 HOME CONFINEMENT – TIPS and RECOMMENDATIONS EEB1 Psys (03/04/2020)
- Covid-19 EMOTIONAL RISKS – Alarming SIGNS to look for – EEB1 School Psys (15/05/2020)
If you wish to share tools that have been of help to you, please send an email to your dedicated psychologist (see below). We will do our best to keep our resources up to date.
Don’t forget the tools made available by OSGES :
- 2020-03-D-21-en Recommendations to parents on how to support learning at home during temporary suspension of obligatory regular attendance of Pupils
- 2020-03-D-11-en-2 Distance learning recommendations
EEB1: 3 SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGISTS
BERKENDAEL: Mrs. Laia VINTRO MORENO -> go to page
UCCLE Nursery and Primary: Mrs. Violetta SZEWCZUK -> go to page
UCCLE Secondary: Mrs. Yannik GLADSTEEN -> go to page