Dear parents and students,
The teachers of moral, religion, and L2EN of the European School of Uccle and the CdE greet you cordially and wish you a happy preparation of the holidays of the end of the year.
As in previous years, we offer you a common action that allows families and especially students, to live more intensely the feeling of solidarity and love for the poor, and to help those less fortunate.
We offer the project “Christmas Solidarity”:
- Secular centers for refugees and homeless people
- Clear Matin Center (Uccle) 40 children 3-18 years old
- Religious centers that organize various activities to support the children of immigrants and the poor
- Center of the Red Cross and others
- The LaSagesse school for refugee children and children of refugees
The campaign begins on Wednesday 13th November. For those who wish to support this solidarity action in a concrete way, we invite them to motivate their children. We, the teachers, are committed to presenting the project in class, in a pedagogical way which will be adapted to each age.
It is planned to prepare baskets which will be distributed to the centers and families. These baskets can contain:
- Non-perishable food products: pasta, cereals, cans, dry goods, etc.
- Personal hygiene products: shampoo, soap, toothbrush, etc.
- Toys, both used and new. They need to be in good condition if used.
- Children’s reading books in French, English or Spanish
- New pajamas for children 3-18 years old
Donations can be made directly in the Religion or Morale class each week during the weekly class. For toys, they need to be given to the Cafeteria ladies in the S4567 Cafeteria.
The deadline for donations will be Friday, December 13th. All that will be collected will be transferred to the hall of the Uccle canteen to prepare the baskets. These will be delivered to the recipients, the following Saturday and Sunday, during the morning.
Those who wish can come to help with the preparation of baskets (Friday, December 13th – 16h-18h) in the same place (Uccle canteen) or help with delivery (Saturday 14th – Sunday 15th December) You can already mark these dates.
For more information you can contact us at 0477-617476. For more information about the toy collection, contact Laszlo Molnarfi (email@example.com) or Martina Lalova (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for your interest in this Solidarity project.
Teachers of Moral, Religion and L2 EN and the CdE of the European Schools of Uccle