Our school is committed to fight bullying and to promote the well-being of our students.
The Kiva Program is part of these efforts.
KiVa is a program developed in Finland designed to combat bullying and to promote its prevention in the school environment.
Kiva provides activities to be carried out by the students in the classroom, activities to learn what bullying means and how to fight against.
Kiva is designed to give a collective response, fighting harassment is the responsibility of the entire school community.
Kiva provides a protocol of intervention to be followed in case of bullying suspicion.
Our school follows the Kiva program.
For more information, we invite you to read our informative leaflet.
- the Kiva program has been continued in P4-5 and has been introduced in P2 and P3.
- in September all parents watched the KiVa video and got to know the members of the Team at the teachers-parents meeting.
- KiVa week – 27th November- 1st The Kiva members gave lessons to all classes in P2-P5.
- KiVa Bench – project of the year – painting together the Kiva bench, one for P3,4,5 and one for P2.
As part of the Kiva Program, during the school year 2016-2017, the students have participated in the Kiva Project. This project allowed students to carry out activities around the following ideas:
–The importance of well-being at school.
– I learn what bullying means.
– I say NO to bullying.
– We all fight together against bullying.
Here is a sample of the work for the Kiva Project 2016-2017